10/25/2012

New collection


Apparently I'm working on my new collection, which is inspired by gothic subculture a lot. This time I concentrate on print and pattern, quite interesting. I always want to be print designer, always intrigued by collections with print dominated. Seems like these day designer all tends to play with the shape more than color, for instance in my country, they can't ever manage to have a good color combination in one collection, which I assume they don't find it fashionable to colorist their bland idea. Bleh, it would take ages to talk about them, so just pass it!

My new logo. My mind has gone through a field of serenity to come to this. Or I just would had gone with the Tentris's dog idea :-/ !

In my humble opinion, every designer, who is not classify themselves in any specific major, has the ability to create in every major. Some fashion designer goes with photography, such as Hedi Slimane. Some goes with game designing, this one is new.


Grimes by Hedi SLimane. Dazed and Confused issue April 2012. These nose rings are Givenchy's haute couture S/S 2012 collection. One of my classmates bought a pair of them and showed up in the class the other day. Apparently I don't feel any special about him buying those extraordinary nose rings, I just find it not fit him well. Imaging a geek in that pair of nose rings, then you get it.




I was a big fan of Steven Meisel when I was in high school. But recently I think I lost the passion to his photos, because of repeated concept and unambitious work ethic. Remember when Cristobal Balenciaga said when he was talked into the trade of pret-a-porter," I don't want to prostitute my talent". Yet it was sinister to say, his ethic was real. The artistic ethic shouldn't be killed by world crisis and recession.



Meisel's latest work that quite interesting.


Vogue Italia issue July 2012
Collections
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Karl Templer
Models: Vanessa Axente, Mackenzie Drazan, Julia Nobis, Elena Bartels, Lida Fox, Erjona Ala, Hedwig Palm, Ophelie Rupp, Ros Georgiou & Lula Österdahl
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido Palau
Set Designer: Mary Howard


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét